Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Ave Pistoria II


Be zealous therefore, and repent. – Rev 3:19

In what ways are we Evangelicals/Pentecostals as guilty as those who worship Mary?

1: Intermediary
Just as Mary has been (unscripturally) placed as a placatory intermediary between us and an unapproachable God, we have created this construct called FAITH that serves as an intermediary between us and a God who would not act except through faith. So instead of spending our time looking up to God we spend our time checking up on our Faith.

3: Blind Devotion:
There’re Christians who consider Mary untouchable! She is perfect, sinless and faultless. These persons are easily offended if anything less than deferential is said about her. I’ve seen this behaviour also among Evangelicals with respect to Faith. For example, they’ll act scandalised if you state that God can sometimes heal without faith; (even though this is a biblically documented fact).

Wrong View of God
While I’m cool with Mary praying for me, (heaven knows I need all the help I can get), John 16:26-27 tells me why that expectation is fundamentally faulty.

Our Lord says, “At that day you shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loves you, …”

A God who would not lift up a finger to help except through the placations of his ‘mother’ – or of ‘FAITH’ – is not a God of love. It’s also not the character of the God of the Bible.

4: Wrong Focus
The Focus of Christianity is CHRIST. If a total outsider observing us cannot easily make that conclusion – by observing either our Iconography (Mary) or our Theology (Faith) – then we need to amend our ways.

AMEN.
More Blessings await you today; you’ll not miss them in Jesus’ Name.
GREG ELKAN

No comments:

Post a Comment