Friday, March 10, 2017

YOU HAVE FIRST CLASS RIGHTEOUSNESS

...and this is his name by which he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. – Jer 23:6

When I was young, I used to be enthralled by ‘Deliverance Confession’ stories of how former agents of darkness would seek to destroy Christians. There’re those they declare “untouchable” – big, well-known men of God, or certain “very holy” Christians who are always surrounded by “a clothing of light.” I always wanted to be untouchable like them, too.

I was fervent in prayers, strove to live holy, and was diligent in church work.     Then one day I realised that the whole motivation of my spiritual exercises was not to please the Father, or to be more like Jesus, but to be “untouchable” by the powers of darkness. Something was very wrong with my motivation.

I got up and told the Devil, “Devil, My spiritual life does not revolve around YOU! It revolves around Jesus. I will not spend my whole waking hours thinking of how to avoid your traps or bind your demons; I will spend my whole day fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit.

“And by the way, about that ‘clothing of light’ thing? I just realised that I’ve been an ‘Untouchable’ all this while. My righteousness is sooo perfect, its blinding to demonic eyes. You’re not going to work me up into trying to get what I already have!”

And that was my greatest deliverance session.

It is vitally and supremely important for you to know that as a Born Again Believer, your righteousness is Jesus’ Righteousness, (2Cor 5:21). It doesn’t come in different shades, levels or ranks. You carry the untouchableness of Jesus.

When people read that God loved Jesus perfectly, they miss the whole point. Jesus is the Beloved, and YOU are “Accepted in the Beloved” (Eph 1:6). You’re INSIDE of Jesus!

If you allow the Devil compare your righteousness with some “Man of God” somewhere, he’ll end up deceiving you into believing you’re not “Holy” enough to withstand his attacks.

But see Isaiah 54:17; I know it’s a popular quotation, but actually check out the last words of the verse.

No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, AND THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS OF ME, says the LORD.

AMEN.
More Blessings await you today; you’ll not miss them in Jesus’ Name.
GREG ELKAN

No comments:

Post a Comment