Wednesday, September 14, 2016

AT LEAST ONE CROWN, GUARANTEED (MARANATHA 3)

The scripture speaks severally of the righteous being rewarded with “Crowns” because of the feats and achievements they effected while they were on earth, (e.g. 1Co 9:25; Jam 1:12; 1Pe 5:4; Rev 2:10; 3:11).

Some of the crowns are even specifically mentioned; like the Crown of Life, the Crown of Glory, and the subject of today’s devotional: the CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

I used to worry if I would be worthy of any crown in heaven (it’s ridiculous, I know) but one day I stumbled on Paul’s final charge to Timothy, and I realised that at least I can share in one crown that Paul has. He says:

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. – 2Ti 4:8.

Do you realise that not many believers are looking forward to Jesus’ return? Anytime you mention the Rapture, their hearts skip a beat. Shout on the rooftops that “Jesus is coming soon” and they look at you like a fanatic. It bothers me why anybody would be afraid that this mess we live in is about to end.

Maybe it’s because they have their spiritual priorities mixed up, or because they have a wrong understanding of salvation. But whatever it is, it’s not really a good sign that you’re scared that your LORD is coming back.

Paul says there is a Crown of Righteousness waiting for  those who eagerly long for Christ’s appearance. That is why the ancient believers used to greet each other with Maranatha. They wanted the Lord to return.

Beloved, do not join those who mock songs like “This world is not my home, I’m just passing through...” It really is NOT your home!

A time is coming when all the things we are striving for daily would amount to dust.

When the trumpet sounds, will the first thing that comes out of your mouth be

“Oh No!” or will it be

“YES!!!”

The response can't be faked. How we’ll respond that day is determined by our living philosophy right now.

My prayer is that ours will be the latter response. And to think that God is so gracious as to reward us with a crown, just for that alone.

Halleluyah. Maranatha.

AMEN.
More Blessings await you today; you’ll not miss them in Jesus Name.
GREG ELKAN


No comments:

Post a Comment